HELP! I got a hemroid from giving birth

I had my son on Oct. 26th 2009, when i was pushing i got a hemroid... I still have it, Im not sure what to do it is very painful and i dont have insurance?

megan1089

Asked by megan1089 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can use witch hazel on them. If you have surgery and have another baby you will probably get them again.

I've had them since I was 16 and I'm now 52. They get worse and better but are always there. Doctors have suggested surgery many times. When I was younger I always said that I may have another baby. Can't say that anymore, too old to have a baby.

You want to eat a diet high in fiber so your stools aren't hard and you don't need to strain to have a stool. Minimize sitting time on a toilet it can put pressure down there.

There are websites that have other tips.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• prep. h and tucks pads work real well. the only thing that can make it go away is surgery
    Anonymous

• yeah it isn't going to go away... prep. h does wonders! get some it will work!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 2:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• thanks for the advice.. i do want to have more kids so i guess imma have to wait it out with prep h then surgery...
    megan1089

Answer by megan1089 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, witch hazel and preparation H will help for a while, until you can go to a doctor.

Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2010