Tummy braces for running while pregnant?

I haven't been 'cause I need like a tummy brace, I can't do the bike 'cause my legs/thighs hit my tummy. So I've just been doing the stairmaster 5 miles a day ;) but building alot of muscle in my legs and butt, I used to mix them both (running and stairmaster) up so was pretty toned up. Well, now stairmasters just got me building a lot of muscle and I'm barely 5ft. so I don't look good with TOO much muscles...is there anything out there for like to hold or brace my stomach? Sorry, first baby..right now if I try to run, it hurts like runnign without a sports bra...;0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How preg are you? And go to motherhood maternity, they have basically exactly what you're looking for. You can find them online too.
    Anonymous

• My SIL's is a runner. Her Dr told her to do it till it was uncomfortable. Once that happens you know it is time to tone it down. She then just started to walk longer.
    Anonymous

• Just take really long walks, that's what I did. If you are that uncomfortable, then, like the PP said, you really should not be running. Just do a power walk. Just don't try and overdo it. That isn't good for you or your baby.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I agree with the no running if you're uncomfortable. If you need the maternity support belt then you shouldn't be running. Do you have access to an eliptical machine? That would be a great, safe option to get more cardio.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Oh, also, you may want to buy the Fit Mama DVD. It is a super awesome and fun cardio work out that encorporates salsa dancing. I loved it. I worked up a sweat but never hurt with it (it's a maternity exercise video).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010