Can you ladies help me really quick? I'm dying of anxiety here.

So I've been searching for signs like a mad woman since we started TTC. I don't know if it's a combination of that & possible PMS, or just early pregnancy hormones, but I've been in the most irritable mood & really stressed. I keep going back & forth with the fact that I shouldn't get my hopes up, but then really "feeling" pregnant.

I just want to know one thing from you guys, this whole "basal body temperature" thing, does it count for anything if I randomly tested a few days ago in the afternoon & got 98.8 then tested a few minutes ago today & got 97.7?

Could this mean that AF is on her way? I'm due to start tomorrow & got a negative pregnancy test this morning. :[ I'm trying to stay as positive as possible, but it's hard.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• all u can do is try and wait.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• It means nothing. Basal body temp is only accurate at giving you any kind of readable results if you test religiously every morning, before you get out of bed or anything. That's the only way you'll notice a temp shift that means ovulation, or whether it's been elevated long enough to mean pregnancy. A few random temps tell you nothing.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• OP: Mk, that kind of makes me feel better. Thanks DragonRiderMD.

Honestly at this point I'm just searching for signs for or against pregnancy. I just want to know yes or no (of course I'd rather be pregnant)!
    Anonymous