iud & pregnancy ?

can you be on the mirena, have your period the previous month and be pregnant with negative tests. the tests i took yesterday and today said negative, but i could just make out a very faint line and wasn't sure if that was a false negative, too early to tell, etc. i have had some pregnant feelings (hunger, morning sickness, soreness in the breasts, cramping) and was not sure if they were related to pregnancy or possible side effects from the mirena. i'm not looking for a "do you think i'm pregnant" just trying to find out if someone else has had any experience with pregnancy on the mirena or bad side effects from the mirena. i have only been on the mirena a couple of months, maybe my body is still getting adjusted to it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• IF you think you are. Go to you Dr bcause if you are you need to get that out ASAP.
    Anonymous

• It is one of the side effects of the mirena. Just to let you know you CAN'T GET PREGNANT ON MIRENA. Why you are concerned about the side effects that you are having google mirena side effects and then you will really have concerns that thing is the WORST birth control that have I ever been on. Things do get worse. I am not trying to be rude or yell at you but google it and see what you think after.

Anonymous

• I love my Mirena! I have it for 2 years and it's wonderful! No periods, no cramps, no bloating, no nothing! I should have gotten it years ago! You cant get pregnant on it because it doesnt allow the wall to build up in you. There is no where for the egg to sit and wait to be fertilized. You will not get pregnant. I didnt have any side effects with mine. Just some spotting the first few months and thats it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You can get pregnant on the IUD. If its not put in correctly. If the string is to long and get pulled a bit on accident. If the string is to short and goes higher than it should. Women have had it fall out before. Women have gotten pregnant on it. My closest friend's sister got pregnant on it and was 5 months along with the IUD still in before she even knew. It is very possible. NO BC is 100%
    Anonymous