first birthday ideals ?????

so evevn thought my daughter wont be one till the begining of June i have been wondering what theme i should do for her birthday i want it to be very special n diffrent what did u ladies do or just any ideals

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 2:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is having a party at our house. We are doing a princess theme, we found a cake that looks like a castle for pretty cheap. We are BBQing and renting a cotton candy machine. We are also renting a water slide from a bounce house company. We chose to rent the water slide because it has no weight limit so all the kids can use it as well as the adults. We are also getting a pinata because it's just not a party without one! lol

My sister had her daughter's first birthday at the beach. The kids had a blast playing in the sand and they have BBQ's there so cooking is easy and it is all very cheap! It is free to use the covered tables and BBQ, all she had to do was buy food and some decorations.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i think it is great that people go all out for their kids birthdays im not bashing @ all... but in reality she is 1 and will not remember a thing about it! we just had a small party with close friends and family. couple games and food and fun and they baby will love it even it was just you and her daddy!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 2:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• She won't remember it and she probably won't have any more fun with one theme over another but the other older kids and adults might have more fun with something like a backwards theme. You could do all sorts of creative things. Have everyone where their clothes and hats backwards. Make upside down cupcakes (icing on the bottom, then cake, then candle). Have cake before lunch. Eat on the bottom of the plates or under the table instead of at the table. Make burgers with two meat patties and one bun (in the middle of course). Do racing games backwards. Reverse the Happy Birthday sign. Tie strings to balloons and hang them from the ceiling instead of having them float from the floor. You could even mirror image the invitations so that guests have to read them in the mirror.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think it's so cool you are already thinking about it. My daughter is going to be two in two weeks!! So excited. Anywho, I started planning her first birthday in September and her birthday was in March. So get excited. They only turn one once. Of course they won't remember it. But I will and I taped it. Do what you love. And yes it is for you. Have fun!!
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 4:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Ladybug theme is popular.  Also, it's fun to be one!  Check out ideas for more themes, ideas, games.  Most important...keep it simple, you will enjoy it more.  http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 5:14 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• thanks ladies i agree with mrsmendoza2006
    ( I think it's so cool you are already thinking about it. My daughter is going to be two in two weeks!! So excited. Anywho, I started planning her first birthday in September and her birthday was in March. So get excited. They only turn one once. Of course they won't remember it. But I will and I taped it. Do what you love. And yes it is for you. Have fun!!) i know my daughter will not remember it but i will take lots of pics n record it so she will see how much i wanted to make her first birthday special when she is older yeah maybe it is more for me but it's exciting and it does only happen once
    millerchic

Answer by millerchic at 6:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010