King Had a Dream, but Blacks Now Face a Nightmare When was the last time you heard anyone express outrage over the fact that up to half of the black kids in major cities are high school dropouts?

Black America is in a state of crisis, and not only are we being ignored by those for whom we vote, but we are also being ignored by the press and the "civil rights movement".

For the last seventy years, liberals have asked blacks to elect and empower them so that they could defend us from racist conservatives who were trying to keep us down. They said that without them, we would be relegated to an inferior education, lower-paying jobs, and the sorrow of institutional racism. (And it has happened, but with a different cause.) But after all this time in power, how has liberalism benefited us?

An analysis of the leading indicators for a good quality of life for the black population (employment, education, crime, and family) shows that in many ways, the current generation of black youth is in worse shape than the last. It seems incredible that in the 21st century, we could be backsliding, but the facts don't lie.

(cont'd)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unfortunately its not always considered acceptable to bring this stuff up. I had a white government teacher who went over the stats and told us the drop out rate of minorities, and he was put on probation and accused of being racist. If we can not speak about the issues on hand, then how we can do anything to stop them?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• (cont'd)
    The black unemployment rate is 89% higher than the white rate (8.7% versus 16.5%). This is after nearly seventy years of the solid black vote for liberals. At each election, liberals say that blacks need protection from conservatives, but there are no conservatives anywhere near us. The only thing that all of the people who set the policies that affect us have in common is that they are all liberal. Our cities have been under liberal control for decades, and they are also where the black economic and social indicators are the worst; and the mainstream civil rights movement that claims to represent us never questions whether or not liberalism is partially to blame.

Please read the whole article at http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/02/king_had_a_dream_but_blacks_no.html

Then I would like to know your thoughts.....Thanks
    Anonymous

• it is a vicious cycle... we live in a tax base funded school system.... areas with high poverty have poor schools, which kids drop out of, then are empovrished themselves and support the schools and the next wave of kids
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'm so tired of this. Everyone, EVERYONE, has the chance to make a better life for themselves. If you drop out of school, get your GED. not all colleges accept a GED but career training schools do, and dont' tell me they don't have money, THERE ARE GRANTS FOR STUFF LIKE THAT. People need to stop acting like victims and take responsibility for themselves.
    Anonymous

• On Glenn Beck.
    He himself, in covering things like the ACORN story, has brought it up.

And in the two shows where he invited 30 or so conservative blacks to spend the hour telling their views, the realities and reasons for black poverty in major cities has been discussed.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Funny, I asked a similar question and it got deleted.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• As long as they keep voting for the democrats there lives will not change. Carpy, must be the way you worded it. LOL

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think Bill Cosby says it best in this article (excerpt from a recent speech he made):

http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/race/2008/06/four-years-ago.html

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I bet Obama is very disappointed.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I was disappointed in my white son who made the choice to drop out of high school.

I am just happy he made the choice to earn his GED and is now in college.

Everyone makes choices no matter what their race is.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 5:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010