Small plane slams into Texas office building Officials: Pilot upset with IRS, may have intentionally crashed aircraft

breaking news
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 24 minutes ago

AUSTIN, Texas - A man apparently upset with the Internal Revenue Service set fire to his home, got into a small plane and crashed it Thursday into a multistory office building, authorities said.

At least two people were injured and a third was unaccounted for. The crash caused a fire and sent black smoke billowing from the seven-story Echelon Building.

Officials told The Associated Press that authorities were trying to determine if the pilot intentionally targeted nearby office space of the IRS. They spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was continuing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35460268/ns/us_news-life/

Have you heard about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He also set his house on fire with his wife and stepdaughter inside, they escaped. When firefighters arrived the house was completely engulfed including the fence. After setting his house on fire he went to the airpark where he kept his plane and took off, not filing a flight plan.

His note:

"If you’re reading this, you’re no doubt asking yourself, “Why did this have to happen?'" the note read. "The simple truth is that it is complicated and has been coming for a long time...

"Violence not only is the answer, it is the only answer...

"I saw it written once that the definition of insanity is repeating the same process over and over and expecting the outcome to suddenly be different. I am finally ready to stop this insanity. Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let's try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• According to CNN, he left a suicide note
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• boohoo
    Anonymous

• Two dead and he left a suicide note  Fox news.

Answer by louise2 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Anon, are you crying for those injured by the crash? Are you crying for the family of the dead pilot?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Almost as bad as the media, LoriKeet - those are only a select few excerpts from his "Manifesto." You can find the whole thing here: http://www.disinfo.com/2010/02/the-manifesto-of-austin-texas-crash-pilot-joseph-andrew-stack/#disqus_thread

Surprisingly, the local attitude is not entirely one of contempt...
    Anonymous

• Somebody already opened the facebook page to give him tribute ...sad....Why we have to honor sick people?
    Anonymous

• He wasn't sick.
    Anonymous

• He been to one tea party too many gave the same hate sppech they give

In it, the author cited run-ins he had with the IRS and ranted about the tax agency, government bailouts and corporate America's "thugs and plunderers."

"I have had all I can stand," he wrote, adding: "I choose not to keep looking over my shoulder at `big brother' while he strips my carcass."

Anonymous

• ANON, what do you mean he wasn't "sick"? He is just as sick as the men who flew their planes into the WTC, Pentagon and a field in PA

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 7:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010