Did the Mini Pill work for you?

I have never taken it. Im planning on getting it.

Did it work for you? Why or why not.

Thank you..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. I took it at the same time every day and still ended up pregnant with my 3rd when my 2nd was 9 months old and I was still bfeeding.

Answer by missanc at 2:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• does not work :(
    Anonymous

• I know of several women who had emotional issues while on it. All three of them thought they had postpartum depression until they got off the pill and their mood lifted.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I took it religiously according to the directions. I got pregnant with my second child on the mini pill.
    Anonymous

• I took it while BFing my first with no problems. I switched to the combo pill after I was done BFing and then back to the mini pill last year because of a blood clot risk. The mini pill made me absolutely crazy and threw my periods off to the point where I started a week early when we went on vacation but was skipping entire months prior to that. I was so pissed that I went off the pill that day. Got pregnant with my daughter 2 weeks later (we had planned to TTC after our vacation). I'm really not supposed to take the combo pill due to blood clotting so the mini is my only option. When I go for my 6 week postpartum check up, I will probably go back on the mini pill until my DH's vasectomy is done and the waiting period is up.
    Anonymous

• It did work for me; I didn't have any emotional probs on it, but I do on the regular combo pill containing estrogen. It was hard to remember to take it at the exact same time every day -- I set my cell alarm but things would come up so that I wouldn't have it on me or something... in any case, I did not get pregnant, but I did ovulate while on it. That's only one of the ways it prevents pregnancy, but it didn't work in my case and doesn't for many women. It's a good option if you're nursing, though. If you really, really cannot see being pregnant, though, I would say double up.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010