Has your child ever been fired from their babysitter?

So I went to pick up my boys from the Babysitters today and she says to me, "I cant control your son(oldest-2yrs), He doesnt want to listen. He is insistant on doing what he wants. I think maybe he nees more structure, like a daycare Facility." I feel like the worst mother ever! Yes he is difficult and has a mind of his own but I just thought that was part of being two? Am I wrong? Then like 5 min later she starts talking about my Youngest(9mo) and how he just smiles all the time and is so easy going. I don't know what to think!?! Any input is appreciated, Please dont judge. Thank You

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• no but i know some little devil kids that have been. if they cannot control them and dont listen, they can have them not come back.
    Anonymous

• at least she is admitting than he is more than she can handle. Maybe you need to find someone with more early childhood education and a more structured envionment
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My child was not fired, but she could have been. My first one was a terror at 2 and even worse at 3 - only later did I find out it wasn't normal when I had others to compare her to. Your babysitter might be right about your son benefitting from a more structured environment. My youngest ones are thriving in a daycare center, and they are MUCH more well-behaved than my older one was at the same age.
    Anonymous

• I would just find a different baby sitter regardless, she sounds to me that she doesn't know what the terrible two's are all about. No ones child is a complete angle. Your are not the worst mother you babysitter needs to realize that the terrible two's are a hard age and your child does have a mind of his own and she can't control every little thing that he does. GL again your aren't a bad mom AT ALL.............................

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My daughter was when she was 8 mths old. She had seperation anxiety but the sitter was really nice about it. She told me it wouldnt have mattered where she would have stayed,. but that Id likely have to stay home with her until she outgrew the stage. Now my daughter is 21 and has issues with her son who is 3 yrs old. No one will keep him. Not even me. He is out of control and she says the same to me "Oh mom hes 3", but that isnt an excuse to keep, thats enabling. You will have to watch him and see what it is hes doing badly, and then basically boot camp him into good behavior or you will never be able to work or go out.
    Anonymous

• Structure is every important from the get go. If he is like that at home he will act no different in someones home or in public. Be consistence in his discipline at home and in public.  Doing that you will not have problems as he ages. 

GL

Anonymous

• My nephews were. And I totally understand why...it was daycare center actually. I used to babysit them for a yr & it was tough on me being one on one with them so I can only imagine how hard it was in a larger setting. (they moved out of state btw, so that's why I quit watching them)
    Anonymous

• i have personally fired kids from my own home daycare facility. and NO you arent a bad mommy! some kids really do thrive better in the daycare facility environment. they have the staff and facilities to input more structure and activities into their schedules. honestly..for some kids its the whole ceasar milan pack mentality lol kids get the hang of life from other kids ya know? and one provider taking care of multiple kiddos just cant be there for every moment! some kids just need more out of their day to day schedule. try it and see if it helps! you sound like you have a great sitter to be honest and helpful about the situation. most would just let your kid fall in the cracks or possibly worse....inpart their own form of discipline!!! good luck!!
    FoxyRoxyMommy

Answer by FoxyRoxyMommy at 7:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010