Why the hell arent I pregnant?!

I had sex the 2nd week of Dec. And then again on Dec 31st. On january 5th I got a period (yes it was a period, a full red, 7-day period) and I'm wondering..why am I NOT pregnant?! The other day I had a dream I was pregnant and then the day after that I woke up and my right breast was hurting so badly I couldn't move my arm. I went to work, came home took a nap, and the pain had subsided. Now both breast keep getting tingling, and my nipples get a throbbing pain. The pain/tingling comes and goes away. I sleep a lot but I'm almost certain that's due to my job I have been constipated for about an entire month now, somedays I pee a lot, other days I don't. I get numbness and tingling and the top of both legs and sometimes in my stomach. I sometimes feel as if I need to throw up. I'm doubting I'm pregnant and I'm not gonna go get a test cuz I'm just irritated @ this point. So what do you guys think? (Sorry for any typos)

ofcourseithurts

Asked by ofcourseithurts at 3:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• When you start your period count 14 days from that day. Have sex that day (or that week) and you should get pregnant.

Answer by gemgem at 3:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Maybe cause your trying too hard....Relax. Good luck!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I remember being in your situation myself. It took me two years to conceive DS. Constantly thinking I was pregnant and then being let down when I wasn't. No fun. I think this is why I am hestiant to try for number 2.

When you want something so bad the mind can play some powerful and even mean tricks. The book "Taking Control of Your Fertility" helped me (gave me a clue as to why certain things were occurring). GL, I hoping for you.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• See that's the thing: I DON'T try. All I do is have sex whenever I want to. The thing is..if I had sex the 31st that 5 days before the 5th....why would I get a period? Shouldn't I have gotten pregnant?
    ofcourseithurts

Answer by ofcourseithurts at 3:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes relax and don't try so hard. If you stress about it it can effect your whole body. We were trying for 7 months and finially gave up and said what ever if it does ever happen it happens. Just enjoy yourself and know it will happen when is the right time for you.
    Anonymous

• Also not everyone is on a 28 day cycle. The counting to 14 days might not work for you. Look into Natural Family Planning. These techniques can work wonders in reverse. Giving you clear indications as to when you are fertile.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would have sex everyday or every other day then everyday when you at home read a book and don't stress about it that's what o did and I got pregnant with my daughter who will be 2 years old April 7th
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "The thing is..if I had sex the 31st that 5 days before the 5th....why would I get a period? Shouldn't I have gotten pregnant? "

Not necessarily. Obviously, since you didn't! There are LOTS of factors involved.

Someone already recommended "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." Read it. Pregnant next cycle. Really.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2010