God gave man "free will" is not a good enough answer.

When asked; If there were really a god, why does he/she/it allow things like Haiti to happen and children being raped and abused to happen....

Many said Free Will...

What kind of a god would put little "barbies" on earth give them the ability to do such horrid things. What kind of free will is that? Why not put limits on how bad someone could be he created us right? Well why did he create people that were able to mutilate children, rape, kill, torture.... That doesn't sound like a very caring "god".

I'll just put you all on earth and hope you don't rape children, hope that horrible natural disasters don't happen.

OH and on the topic of FREE WILL... WHO CHOOSES to starve? How are starving nations free will? It's so far from free will.

Free will is not a good excuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• "God doesnt expect us all to have happy and safe lives. He gave the earth to Satan to mess with after all. Bad things happen to good people all the time. "

What? THis is the most sick thing I've read yet about this "god". So, the earth is just a pawn in his sick tit for tat with the evil of Satan, of which god created as well?! Wow....disgusting.
    And bad things happen to good people all the time? Yea, and?! Is this supposed to make it "ok", and what is expected? THats no excuse either. If people have free will, and their god is not to blame for the evils of the world, then he shouldn't be credited for the good that is done from free will as well.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Its still free will, its mesed up but it is. God doesnt expect us all to have happy and safe lives. He gave the earth to Satan to mess with after all. Bad things happen to good people all the time.
    Anonymous

• Why didn't he create enough food for everyone?

Many will say to test others to see if they'll do gods work and help those in need... WELL at who's expense? The starving child in Africa? hmm Sounds kinda like a sick joke to me.
    Anonymous

• Why pray then? If bad things happen to good people, how did their prayers work?

What kind of GOD gives earth to Satan to mess with? Wouldn't he want to protect the children he loves so dearly?
    Anonymous

• You sound like an angry atheist like me. lol I get mad when ppl say -"Praise god! He healed the cancer in my uncle!" No hun... medical science did. And evolution? Hmmm... do you believe a book that ppl wrote about magic?? or scientific facts and proof? Yeah... those ppl are blind. Religious fanatics are just weak and need something to hold onto and believe in.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its about free will necessarily. I think its about balance. How would you know what good is if there was no such thing as bad? How could you possibly appreciate all that is good if you never encountered anything bad? Isn't that one of the themes in the Garden of Eden story? If Eve really knew how bad bad could be, do you think she would have eaten the apple? I'm guessing not. All she knew was good and she didn't appreciate it.
    Anonymous

• It's a matter of choice. G-d has given us the choice to be good or evil. Yes, that means that some people will be hurt or even die as a consequence, but again, it comes down to choice. Do we choose to let evil people continue to perpetuate their evil upon us or do we do something to stop it? Even with natural disasters there is choice. We can choose not to live on fault lines or at the base of volcanoes. We can choose not to create technologies that endanger us. G-d, like any good & duitful parent, knows that His children must make their own mistakes in order to learn from them and to be able to understand what it means to be, not just good, but good like Him. By giving us the power of choice, we have the opportunity to be more like He Who Created Us, to lift ourselves up and become more than what we are. Nobody said it was going to be easy.
    Anonymous

• If you don't believe that God is good, what then will you believe? It doesn't matter what ppl say is the reason why such and such. All you are here for is to start stuff. Not because you really want an answer.
    Anonymous

• This reminds me of a rebellious teenager who yells and argues with his parents and says, "Well, I didn't ask to be born DID I!" It has about the same tone as teenage angst.
    Anonymous

• Gosh, you're awfully angry at a God you don't believe in.

You assume God created babies He knew would grow into evil men and women but he plopped them there anyway. God created innocent little babies with the potential to be so many wonderful things. The choice to follow a different path was theirs to make.

Who chooses to starve? There are many factors in a the socioeconomic factors of a nation. Perhaps the question isn't of the populous but the choices of their leaders.

btw, near where I live there is a tent city for the homeless. some are there out of circumstance and work to get out for something better. Others are there through their own choices. I know of some that had the choice to spend a small salary on food and rent or drugs. They opted to live in a tent and take drugs. THAT was a choice. This group I work w/ offers help with addictions, jobs, health, etc. Some opt to pass.
    Anonymous