Is Religion an excuse for ignorance? In light of all we know today, are we clinging to an outdated and hollow concept?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely! Religion is for "children" who haven't matured or outgrown their fairy tales and invisible friends. We don't live in the savage times depicted in the bible anymore. We know more about the universe and sciences than those bronze-age tribesmen could EVER have imagined in their wildest dreams. And clinging to their superstitions, mythology and primitive fears shows disrespect for the intelligence we have been given, and handicaps us in a modern and technological world.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• ??? Can you explain further?
    Anonymous

• You need to be more specific. Religions have different beliefs depending on the religion you are referring to. My religion does not conflict with "all we know today".

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No. It's not an excuse.
    I get mad when ppl say -"Praise god! He healed the cancer in my uncle!" No hun... medical science did. And evolution? Hmmm... do you believe a book that ppl wrote about magic?? or scientific facts and proof? Yeah... those ppl are blind. Religious fanatics are just weak and need something to hold onto and believe in.
    Anonymous

• I am closest to UU....it isn't like some of the others.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• my religion doesn't conflict with what we know today. which religion are you talking about?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 3:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• " Fine I evolved you didn't"
    Anonymous

• no, i believe in God , but also in science. am not ignorant i choose to believe, i could care less what others choose
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• YEAH BE MORE SPECIFIC!! I GO TO THE DOCTOR, I TOOK BILOGY. MY KIDS GO TO THE DOCTOR. SO EXPLAIN ?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• People seek something to believe in because God created us with a void in our hearts that can only be filled by Him alone.

Here's to allowing you to contradict my opinion.
    Anonymous