Are we sure that the 'Bible' is what God wanted to be written about him?

Please don't use scripture to back yourself up; your source is a bit biased :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Considering that there is not a single gospel or biography written by Jesus HIMSELF, my guess would be no. He wasn't the one who was all concerned about recording his life and teachings. If there is a god at all, he would undoubtably be royally ticked off at how men have portrayed him in their so-called holy book. Especially with all the ripping up of pregnant women and the drownings and burning things to a crisp and so on. I sure would NOT like being tarred with that particular brush if I were him!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Hmmm, I'm guessing the answers will be:
    "It is the inspired word of God written by man."

THerefore it is not subject to human error and human agendas, somehow. Doesn't make sense to me though!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Just another question by someone who really doesn't want an answer except this...

NOPE, WERE NOT SURE.

Anything else you'll most arguably disagree on, shoot down, and point out their ERRORS.

What exactly do you have to prove your point of view. Do you have proof that it isn't inspired by God and written and scribed by man? Didn't think so.....but yet here we go again, bashing others ppls answers because you deem them untrue and biased. I
    get tired of these loaded questions. Do yourself a favor and quit asking.
    Anonymous

• Yup Im sure and I do not need to defend My God.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No one can say they are 100% sure, and if they do, they will say it out of faith not necessarily facts.

Answer by older at 4:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• With all due respect to my Christian friends..the Gospels have been changed time and time again..(and still changing it seems with the hundreds of Bibles out there). At one point it was INDEED Authentic word of God..but now its been changed at the hands of men. The Final Revelation to humanity from God is the Quran and God Promised it will not change. For almost 1500 years not a letter has been added or deleted, not a word, prase or chapter reworded or reordered. It is what it is and Muslims who read Quran in North America have the exact same Quran as those in Saudi Arabia, Australia, China, South Africa, Singapore, Sri Lanka..everywhere. The Quran is in its same language, Arabic..and there is an invitation, from the One True God to all of humanity to read it. Peace.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 4:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have to disagree with the above answer politely, We know the Bible is God's Word and inspired totally by his holy power because He is God and He can do anything! All of its prophesies have come true and our still in the process of coming to fulfillment. Nothing is too hard for God who made the world to keep his Bible or Word perfected, please read John 1 about the Word becoming flesh. Jesus was with God when God made the world in the trinity form of course. Hope I explained a little, becareful what you believe off the history channnel, and so on, they are full of athiests trying to cause doubts. The Bible in the Authorized King James Version is truly inspired! They try to change the meaning and retranslate it to be false in New World Translation ect., and other versions !BEWARE..as long as it stays with the King James meaning you are okay, blueletterbible is a good site to help you I have found.
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• "The Bible in the Authorized King James Version is truly inspired!"

that is the most biased and misinterpreted bible out there.. give me a break! I don't believe in God.. but if God is real and the bible was his words.. not even I would follow THAT bible!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• There was no transcriptions in the Garden of Eden and Jesus himself wrote nothing. Everything was written after the fact and so how can you say it's 100% without a doubt true and correct? You can't.

Why couldn't your almighty god write the book himself and stop all the arguing? Is he illiterate?
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• These men who wrote the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit which is part of the trinity, you must have eyes of faith that God is all-powerful. He made man you think he cannot write a book using men who were inspired by Him?You make GOD too small!

mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 4:56 AM on Feb. 20, 2010