Anyone know of any natural means to jumpstart labor?

I have a difficult cervix and have been induced 3 times already. I don't want to be induced again. I'm trying to avoid the epidural as I don't like how I feel with it. Acupuncture, massage, Some herb that is safe and doesn't mess your bowels up? (Cascara sagrada was offered once and my gas pains were worse than the contractions.) Walking or heavy activity doesn't do it for me well and my pelvic area is in too much pain anyway.

1heart1mind

Asked by 1heart1mind at 3:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• SEX AND WALKING
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• There is no natural way of making yourself go into labor. That why it is called natural. You can try all those things people say. But is you body is not ready then it will not go into labor. Sorry not tring to sound mean but that is how it is.
    Anonymous

• I agree with One and two. Sex can help and walking..other than that..It isn't natural.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Cod liver oil

and

Pregnancy Massage...the MT knows places to touch that will trigger your body to begin. Please do not do it until it is time. I had a baby only 3 weeks early and there were complications.

HUGS
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 3:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• why do you think you have a difficult cervix? where you post-term (more than 42 weeks) when you were induced? if you don't want to be induced, just say "no". unless there is some medical problem that indicates that baby is in trouble, or your health is deteriorating (pre-e). gl!!!
    Anonymous

• well i did 4 oz of castor oil mixed with 2 to 4 oz of juice and that just about did it for me! my aunt did this with all three of her kids and baby came the very next day! of course i did haveto use the restroom twice at the most but no diahrea...lol the only reason i add that in is bcuz castor oil is obviously a laxative. i do not recommend this before your due date... possibly the day of or the day after if baby has yet to come. taste nasty but definitely WORKS!!! my first born came the very next morning after drinking this substance the night before! good luck!
    Anonymous

• I have asked this quesion a lot. My midwives all agree that there isn't really anything that can be done. Although some say sex, walking, castor oil, etc. will work it seems to be more of a "you were going to go in labor soon anyway" sort of deal. I am at 37 1/2 weeks preg and already ready and anxious to go into labor. I don't want to say hang in there- but really, what else can we do??
    Anonymous

• Nipple stimulation. Raspberry tea.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Orgasims.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010