my dd is gna be 5 mnths an has never slept in her crib and wnt wat do i do

momatonly16

Asked by momatonly16 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• First, you should type full words out, as it is easier to understand. I'm not bashing or being mean here, but at first, I didn't know what you meant with some of your abbreviations.

Do you WANT her to sleep in her crib? Where has she slept? Have you tried putting her in the crib when she falls asleep?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes and in a bouncer or bassinet and yes she wakes and starts screaming
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• How does she fall asleep? Does she fall asleep on her own in the bouncer or bassinet? Or do you rock/nurse/hold her until she falls asleep? Do you have somewhat of a bedtime routine? Does the bassinet, the part where she sleeps, come off of the stand?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would say start slowly then. If she isn't used to it, then gradually change her over to the crib. Let her sleep/ take naps in there as much as possible. She will get used to it. I've allowed my children to fall asleep crying so that they will get used to it. BUT, not everyone agree's w/ this so do what you feel is best. Even my Pediatrician said allowing a child to cry up to 45 minutes is fine. Like I said though, some don't believe in "crying it out".
    huntannakay

Answer by huntannakay at 3:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• for my son first i started just laying him in his crib while he was awake and could see me then after a while once he was used to it i would lay him in there for a nap and if he woke just held him and put him back to sleep and then put him back in the crib
    katieBennett

Answer by katieBennett at 5:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Don't be too alarmed, though....mine didn't sleep in his crib till EIGHT months!

Answer by gdiamante at 8:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2010