Do you believe that there will be no depression, that we are on the "economic upswing"?

I don't. I just want your take on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't either. Way to much debt to hurdle now.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I never thought there would be a depression. A horrible recession, yes, of course. But The Great Depression 2: The Obama Years?

Uhhhh, no.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

I don't either, as in I don't think we are on the economic upswing.

12
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 4:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'd like to clarify...I don't think we're exactly on an economic upswing either. I choose to be kinda neutral about it, gloom and doom just isn't productive for me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet! The Obama Administration has been preventing a complete collapse of the housing market and by extension the economy by falsely PROPPING up house values with homebuyer tax credits, and bailouts of the banking and automotive industries, cash for clunkers, stimulus grants, etc.

The problem is, the bailouts will have done nothing, because executives have not curbed their spending, the housing market will continue to fall once people who received the credits default on their mortgages when/if they lose their jobs, and the banks will not be able to collect on their loans, causing them to fold--the domino effect will soon occur.

Obama can't keep propping things up, the weight of all of this business and industry on the verge of collapse is GOING to happen, there just aren't enough taxpayers to pay for it all and the government cannot take out any more "IOU's" to China!

4
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• gloom and doom just isn't productive for me.

***

It's unfortunate, but sometimes REALITY just plain sucks!

4
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No, I don't think we will recover. Unemployment is at an all time high, the economy is in the tank, people can't afford food or housing, the stock market is down and unreliable, our debt is so enormous that it will never be paid. Our planet is overpopulated, our country is overpopulated. There are not enough jobs for the amount of people and without jobs, without people working and earning money, then nothing can be spent and the economy will continue to decline. I am not trying to be the voice of doom and gloom, I just call it how I see it. I love how the Obama administration says the economy is in an upswing when there is more unemployment now than ever before. And you can't accept the unemployment statistics because that number is based on "new and extended" claims. Well what about all the people that have run out of unemployment benefits but still are unemployed? They need to be counted as well.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• LoriKeet - Very well put and I am in complete agreement with you.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Not when you have a kid in the white house that has no idea what the hell he is doing.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No the economy is not on the upswing, in fact things are worse and how I wish we could have unicorns running around pooping skittles and burping sprinkles.

But like Lori said this is REAL life.

10
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010