subaru forester?

We are in the market for a newer car. We are expecting our second child in a few weeks and are just entering the car marketplace. WE will have 2 children in carseats.
Any experience with this make of car or suggestions on a safe, reliable, affordable vehicle? Thank You!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not worth it to buy one new. A 2 year old model is going to be perfect and the price will be reasonable. I used to sell Subarus. The truth on used car pricing with the Forester is that there is about $3000 wiggle room in that price -- on average. The new vehicle has about $500 of wiggle. Seriously. The dealerships have crappy margins on Foresters.

It has more head room than you'd think. I'm quite tall, and I love them. If you're looking at manual vs auto-- the MPG isn't going to be significantly different. The engine is well tuned on both.

Request a CarFax report on the used car. Buy a one-owner car. Not a fleet vehicle. Get one that is still under warranty. Don't buy one that was shipped from Florida or Gulf coast flood places.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• WE HAD A SUBARU WRX AND ON THE WAY HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL WITH THE BABY IN A CAR SEAT, MY KNEES WERE IN THE DASHBOARD ....SO CHECK THE FORESTERS OUT AND BRING SOME MEASUREMENTS TO SEE HOW EVERYTHING WILL FIT! SUBARU'S ARE GREAT CARS, I CRYED WHEN WE SOLD OURS! :( GL <3
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I so want one of those. but we can't afford one. When we were looking when I was pregnant with my second that was the first on our list. We looked up all the safe and best cars. It was one of the top ten. We ended up with a Malibu Maxx and love it.

Anonymous

• Get a tribeca subaru, thats what we have and it has a ton of room. i have a 5 year old and 3 1/2 year old. One more on the way due april 1. all with car seats. It has heated seats and you can even have your own ac and heater on you instead of both you and dh. Its very comfy. a forester is tiny and personally for me its a ugly car.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010