since im having a level 2 ultrasound tomorrow will they be able to tell what im having?

so since im going to the doctors tomorrow to have a ultrasound because im high risk for birth defects and i have to see a genetics counclor do you think i should know what the baby is? im 17 weeks pregnant i was supposed to have a ultrasound on the 23rd but i dont think ill have one since im having one tomorrow for birth defects.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its possible but not a guarantee.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I was able to find out I had a girl at a 13 week ultrasound (not a level 2). I also had a friend find out she had a boy at her 13 week one also (we both had high risk pregnancies). With my first two babies I found out with a regular ultrasound at about 17 weeks, so I would definitely say you could find out!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, I did a level 2 with my DD at 16 weeks and they found out she was a she.
    Anonymous

• I'm in the same position, i'm the same amt of time along too and they weren't able to tell because the baby wasn't cooperating lol we went because I have a 1/10 chance of having a down syndrome child....we'll be going back in 3 weeks because it still was a little early to detect.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 4:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• They should be able too. Good luck
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Typically the genitals will not drop till the 21st week, but there may be a chance you can view the sex if the position is right.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 6:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2010