How many of you believe that God calls you to have food storage?

I do. I think technically I am supposed to have 7 years worth for my family. Just like when Joseph stored grain in Egypt for 7 years. There are so many biblical verses on food storage and being prepared. For those of you who do storage, what is your favorite bible verse on preparedness? (And, just for the record, I am not LDS, I am nondenom Christian.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I mean, look what happened with hurricane katrina and other natural disasters?....Why wouldn't someone want to be prepared!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• How do you stock 7 years worth of food with out it going bad or becoming expired?
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Never heard that one before...
    Anonymous

• Sounds like an excuse to hoard to me... I don't have room for 7 yrs worth of food, and with the grocery store 10 minutes away and 4wd, I can get to the store anytime,,lolol... 7 yrs would for sure go bad anyway, yuck, I would be afraid to feed my family that!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I do personally do not have a problem with anyone who believes GOD is saying something like that to them. I would love to learn some LDS skills such as food storage but I do not personally feel I am being called to store 7 years worth. It is a good point and one I am going to consider.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 4:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Santa Clause called, and want's me to store 7 years worth of cookies and milk.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 4:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• huh? seriously? Can you say contamination? Insects? Mold spores? Meal Moths? Ewww
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 4:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• 7 years? is that a tribulation thing?

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 4:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• oh and there is a way to store non-perishables for a long time without spoiling

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 4:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• We live on the top of a small mountain, so I do stock food & other necessities, but not 7 years worth. I try to keep at least a month's worth of non-perishables (including botttled water) on hand for each person, plus the dogs. Yes, we do have a 4wd truck, but it can only take you so far when the trees are blocking the access road, power lines are down or the grocery store is empty b/c ppl are panicking about the crappy weather. I usually have more than a month's worth of stuff here, actually, b/c I can, dry & freeze a good bit of what comes out of our gardens and we eat that stuff from the end of the growing season until the next harvest. If disaster strikes, we're good for a long while.
    Anonymous