Do I have to do fruits now?

My DH is 7 months old and I am starting foods. I was wondering can I just stick to veggies or do I have to do both fruits and veggies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• At 7 months most babies are ready for a variety of foods. I started fruits and veggies all around the same time. i have always started my kids with fruits and they still liked the veggies just as much. I think it is an old wives tale that if you do fruit first they won't like veggies.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I did veggies first and did them for awhile, once I added fruits I just did alittle of those because babies naturally like the sweetness of them over the veggies.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i started both at the same time and my son likes squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes better than the fruits...lol...you dont HAVE to do fruits yet, but i dont really see a valid reason not to either...it's whatever you prefer
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 5:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'd do a variety of both.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010