weaning from the pacifier....

my daughter is 18 months and i want to wean her from the paci, but obviously i'm a little anxious! she only gets it at nap and bedtime, but she's a good sleeper and puts herself to sleep. what are your experiences? tips?

ariel08

Asked by ariel08 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mommy you just gotta remember the longer you put it off the harder it will be,it takes about 3 days if that,i think you should have her throw it away herself and when she asks for it tell her she threw it away.My son was fully off at 9 months and i tried at 6 but grandmas gave it back to him,so it took me another 3 months to even get in the mood to do it,i feel you tho i hate the whole paci,baba,and potty trainning junk but we all gotta do it,best of luck to you and your princess :)
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 4:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My daughter was the same way only got it in bed. We never offered it outside the bedroom..except when she was a baby. We just stopped offering it to her and we had no problems. If your anxious maybe start only offering it at bedtime and skip the naptime and then slowly work your way down to only one paci in the house that she gets at night and then pick a date and kick it good bye! You could also tell her that she is a big girl now and have her send them off to the Easter Bunny...lol.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• www.bye-bye-binky.com
    Anonymous

• My oldest took a paci for sleeping until he was almost 3 then he gave them up on his own. At that point he didn't need them any more so I quit buying new ones. As the old ones started to break down I showed him that they weren't good and he tossed them in the trash. He did have a stuffed animal that he LOVED to sleep with so it wasn't a big deal for him when the paci went bye bye.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 5:11 PM on Feb. 18, 2010