What do you KEEP on your kitchen counters?

My counters are always changing and I am looking for ideas on what you keep on your counters. I do not have a baby anymore so bottle needs etc are no longer at play. I like for my counters to look neat/tidy and be functional.

SFerber

Asked by SFerber at 4:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My bread machine, my mixer, my can opening, toaster oven.
    Anonymous

• I can see my kitchen counters from here and I can see - The microwave, toaster, the smoothie maker, the coffee maker, the electric steamer, the kettle, some cook books and fruit bowl.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have my coffee maker and the spinner things beside it that keeps all the coffee pods in it. I have a decorative plate that is standing up on a holder. A ceramic frog that is sitting on a ball. My clear canisters with noodles in it. A plant in the corner with two pictures of my kids beside it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have the following on my countertops: toaster oven, kitchen aid mixer, cook book stand w/book and the phone. I can't stand clutter so my counter tops are usually empty except what is mentioned above.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:55 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have VERY large counters. I have a beautiful vase with corks and 3 photos of my family. On the other counter I have a clock radio.

I hate going into peoples homes and seeing appliances and crud all over their counters. In my opinion it looks messy and unclean. I have never kept appliances out... even the coffee pot. I put it away after each use. I simply do not like clutter.

Anonymous

• I have too much and it drives me nuts!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 5:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Coffee maker, knife block, utensil holder, toaster, cookie jar (with cookies in it!), bread machine (used regularly), and my KitchenAid mixer.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• The only thing I KEEP on my kitchen counters is a small cactus planted in a red bowl. Everything else is put in the cabinets when I'm done with them. I really, really hate having stuff on the counters.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My knife block, a vase-thing with utensils, coffee maker and grinder, toaster over, and my dry ingredients jars. I also like to keep my onions/garlic or fruit out to look "rustic" and cool :P
    Anonymous

• I envy all of you who can just put your things away when you're done. Our cabinets are small and few!
    Anonymous