maybe TMI but plz answer quick

I just went to the restroom but when i went to wipe it was all mucus looking. I'm only 23 weeks...could that have been my plug and if so is that bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is it dischargy or more like gummy? If it's more gummy it might be the mucus plug, but that doesn't automatically make you go into labor. Call the gyno. The on staff nurse would know what to do.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Some women get a lot of discharge while pregnant and it increases the closer you get to your due date. As far as I know your mucus plug regenerates (is that the word??) so if you lose a bit it doesn't mean labor is on it's way.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 5:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Just call your doctor. Don't panic.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• If you are not cramping, in pain or bleeding you are going to be just fine! :)

Women can have all kinds of funky discharge at any point in pregnancy. It might be your mucous plug but it does regenerate so there are no worries there. I lost my plug 5 times during my pregnancy and still ended up being induced.

Call your doctor tomorrow and let them know, because 1. it will ease your mind and 2. your doctor should always know about things that concern you.

If you do start cramping or bleeding along with it, I would definitely go to the ER just to be sure.

Good luck hon! (:
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I've heard of a lot of women losing their plugs early and it doesn't affect the pregnancy at all. And like a PP said it can basically regenerate itself. So unless you have any other symtoms I would rush into the ER or anthing. Just call your doc.
    CarsonsMomma111

Answer by CarsonsMomma111 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• woemn can lose many plugs during pregnancy, it regenerates. soem women never even realize they lost it bcit comes in small pieces
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 10:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010