why are you on PA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Only for my daugthers lunches at school.
    Anonymous

• Because at the time we needed it. DH lost his job. Since that time I have graduated from college, gotten a very good job and he is also back to work. PA is no longer needed in our house but there was a time it was a life saver. Oh and we also lost our home, we also got that back too.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Used to make 40,000 a year, now making 9.50/hr. We are on FS and medical I am earning a college degree so I can get off soon
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 5:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• We aren't any more, but we did have to have some when we were pregnant. Medical expenses are too much these days.
    Anonymous

• Because I can qualify, why struggle and be in debt, and have the kids miss out on stuff because I am too prideful to take help. It would be stupid to turn down food stamps when i work full time and still qualify for them, and get no child support because the judge set it at zero, .
    SO HERE IS IT BASH ME----I work full time, my kids get food stamps, free lunch at school, MA, we used to get WIC/MAC (till the kids got to old), HUD till I saved enough money to buy a house. and I have more money saved than almost anyone I know---I play poor, so I don't become poor!!!
    Anonymous

• Why do you care who is on PA????? It is not your business as to why people need help. PA of any kind is not the reason this country is going broke. The powers that be are one reason and people that made terrible decisions are another. I think questions like this are just to irratate people and stir up trouble. Otherwise, why would you post it and post anon........
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• We were on it when we were young! I got married YOUNG and had a baby then got preg right away on BC! So ME working was OUT b/c I couldnt cover daycare costs with my limited education! We were on WIC, FS, and medicaid. Of all 3 WIC was the best run..barely. The limitations were a GOOD thing!! The FS people were incredibly rude and condescending and as soon as we started to get a head we made too much for the program and were struggling again because we hadnt REALLY been getting ahead. I never got on them again (it was about 6 months) because I wanted to KNOW we were getting ahead! Medicaid was AWFUL. The only thing I can say is that I am glad we were able to cover the $$$ part because the Dr's treated you like dirt. The nurses not much better. And dont get me started on the medicaid lady I had to report to! That woman was 7 shades of EVIL and thought she was just this side of God

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• That woman was 7 shades of EVIL and thought she was just this side of God
    -------
    This describes most of them. Every now and then you come across a compassionate worker who does understand what you are going through, but you can't count on it.

We get FS and Medical right now because after I lost my job, the unemployment just wasn't enough. I cut out the luxuries (sat & cells), the critters got the garden, and it became a choice to eat or have a house, but both was impossible. Now that dh is working, I hope it won't be too long until I don't need that help. Thanks for caring, OP!
    Anonymous

• because we needed it, and because we qualified. I have worked and paid my taxes ie paid into the system for over 20 years. I hope to only need it for a very limited time

We get food stamps, medical coverage and free lunches.
    Anonymous

• Cause once he was discharged for a back injury it took forever to find a job that provided enough money for our family of 5.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010