crawling?

My dd is almost 8 months old and nearly crawling...is there any way I can encourage crawling? I have her on the floor everyday for as long as she'll stand it...but all she'll do is kind of sway and turn herself in circles or go backwards.

AshleyRoseG

Asked by AshleyRoseG at 5:27 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will do it when shes ready. i know for me, i used my cell phone, placed it just out of reach and called it. she crawled to it pretty quick :)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Some children don't learn to crawl and go straight to walking. My 3 year old started rolling around like a rolling pin all over the house to get to where she wanted. I think by 6 or close to 7 months she started crawling. Don't worry though! each child is unique and develops differently.
    Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 6:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• we encouraged our first to crawl by putting the remote on the floor... being a male, he was very eager to get to it! ;) haha! there's a lot of toys aimed at encouraging crawling too. ones that you push a button and it moves or something like that.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I put things she wanted just out of reach and she started crawling LOL But really, they will go when they are ready. Each child is different.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 9:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2010