Knot still on head weeks after injury + headache today

My 4 yr old dd bumped her head 3 weeks ago at preschool. She got a pretty big knot and bruise, but nothing too serious. It hasn't caused any problems, but the knot is still there (smaller). She started complaining on and off today that she has a headache at that spot. Not severe. Should I be concerned? I know I should call dr. and I plan to in the AM....just seeing if I could find any info. until then. Thanks

laura_lu5

Asked by laura_lu5 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Becasue the accident occurred at preschool, I would take her to the doctor for a check-up. If the doctor deems that there are problems as a result of the accident, he can give you proper advice on what to do. Then I would contact the preschool and submit to your bills to their insurance (that is why they carry insurance). Make sure that you have a copy of the accident report they gave you when she was injured. Also, take a photo of the injury now and keep a record of her complaints.

My duaghter broke her arm in the daycare and we had to submit accident reports, photos, etc. before they paid for her injury. We worked closely with both insurance agents to handle the situation.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 6:01 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Take her to the ER. Head injuries are not something to fool around with. Check with your preschool about what happens when a child is injured at the preschool, not all will pay for injuries accured in the school. Some make you sign a waiver.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010