Ear infection?

In the last few minutes, I have started having some pretty sharp pains down into my ear canal. Is there anything around the house, like home remedy, to ease the pain a little? Does it sound like an ear infection? I haven't had an ear infection since I was a child and that was always swimmer's ear........either way, I don't remember the symptoms.

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 6:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like one to me. I've had my tubes changed 8 times, I had horrible ear infections growing up. Another symptom is smell, but it's not always there. Either way if you're having ear pains do the following ..... I swear by it.

Hot cloth it. Get a cloth hot one and put it on your ear, and that should feel blissful. : ) you can even take your wet cloth and microwave it for 10 seconds to get it really hot, and ah... it worked better than ear drops for me. I'd sleep with it on my ear.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 6:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• They have over the counter stuff at Walgrens real cheap.
    Anonymous

• if you have fever it might be an infection. Another posibility is that you might have sinus pressure in the middle ear, anyway you should check that with your doctor. Oh yes take ibuprofen just in case you have inflammation. Oh it might sound silly to you but if you put some fresh parsley in your ear (not all the way in) it will help (parsley have some properties to help infections)
    Anonymous