anyhelp with bloat please?

i have had a bloat problem for about 6yrs i get so bloated sometimes i look 6mths preggers. i eat right tried the sald diet, tried the sad diet tried gas pill and prescription ibs pills which made it worse, all that stuff helped a bit but not completly, im thin and i want my wasboard abes back, i excercise as well, im only 120/ any and all advice would be appriciated

dkej242

Asked by dkej242 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Health

• Try a low sodium diet. It's difficult because there's SO Much sodium in everyday foods. It's not just the salt you add to your food. I'm on a low sodium diet and I've noticed a real decrease in my bloating and swelling. Main foods I eat are whole grains, fresh or frozen (not canned) fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and you can add in low fat dairy just not a lot of cheese as it's higher in sodium. Be careful with condiments like ketchup, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, anything like that. Mustard is ok, it's fairly low in sodium. I season everything with various Mrs Dash seasonings and marinades. If you are interested in knowing what you can eat and what you should not eat, PM me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• are you taking any meds? bc pills? anything remarkably different 6 years ago? not drinking enough water can cause you to retain water, and so can sodium, like pps mentioned. are you eating much processed foods?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:11 AM on Feb. 19, 2010