Im scared outta my mind. im 17 weeks pregnant and i have a doctors appointment tomorrow.?

i was tested high risk for birth defects and tomorrow i have to have an utrasound done and im sooooo worried because i have been looking on youtube at babies with birth defects and what i say scared me!! idk what to do! im 20 years old! please no rude comments

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hugsDon't panic until you talk with your doctor and see what's up.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• 1st off, stop looking at those videos. 2ndly take a DEEP breath. Things will be okay. Good Luck tomorrow.
    Anonymous

• All you can do it wait for tomorrow. At least it's not a week away. Try to get to sleep early tonight so you can stop stressing & relax a little. Whatever you find out, I'm sure you'll be able to handle it. I'm crossing my fingers for you though hun!
    ours

Answer by ours at 6:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• im willing to bet money that everything will be fine. at 20, why do you 1) test for birth defects? and 2) what makes you test high risk?
    Anonymous

• Awhh. I'm sure everything will be just fine! Just relax, getting worked up about it isn't going to change the outcome, good or bad. But I agree with the pp, at 20 I don't think you have much to worry about...of course I don't know the specifics of your situation though. Good luck to you, I will keep you and your baby in my prayers. (:
    nessani28

Answer by nessani28 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Most fetuses with defects result in miscarriages in the first trimester. I know that's not nice to hear, but I think the fact that you're 17 weeks along is a good indication that your littler person inside will be fine. And like a PP said--STOP LOOKING AT VIDEOS OF BIRTH DEFECTS! Hugs....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:42 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I am sure everything will be fine! There is a high false positive rate for the screening tests. Don't stress and just enjoy your pregnancy. It will fly by!
    squish

Answer by squish at 7:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i tested high risk w/my last pregnancy and he's perfectly wonderfully fine! and my mom was told my brother had a very high risk of down syndrome and he is also 100% normal. so, don't freak out yet. wait to see what happens tomorrow and even then, i'd wait 'til the baby was born before i believed anything for certain. tests can be, and often are, wrong! go look at the pics of my youngest son if you want to see pics of a baby who i was told could have birth defects- he's adorable! =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My boss's dr. told her, her son tested positive for down syndrome & he was born perfectly healthy. i wouldnt freak too much but i know it's easier said than done!
    Anonymous

• I was also told my son would have a birth defect. At about 7 mths prego they found a Cyst on his brain.When he was born he was fine. but they we noticed a red blemish on his lower back right on the spine above the butt crack. so to play it safe they did an ultrasound of his head and his back when he was about 3 weeks old. Thank God everything came out fine. They said Cysts are commen and usually go away by the time the babies born. his blemish is just a large birth mark, Take a deep breath and relax...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Feb. 19, 2010