Would you still be friends with someone if they told you they still breastfed their 10 year old?

And especially if they tried to do it in front of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• this has to be a joke
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• eeewww...
    Anonymous

• Would you still be friends with someone who just wanted to start drama?
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I can't imagine any of my friends doing that since in most states it is illegal. At that age it's for sexual pleasure for the mom not to provide nourishment to the child. I'd call the police or cps if anyone did that in front of me. OMG, what do they do in private if they do that in front of people? (please be a troll)
    Anonymous

• I would have not been her friend if she was breast feeding after a year and a half. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• louise2- are you serious a year in a half? your pathetic.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 7:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Wow, louise. Just wow. Shows how great a friend you are. You know that even the aap recommends breastfeeding for AT LEAST a year, right? Look it up. Not up to a year. At least. Every other country recommends until at least 2.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Here's a news story from CNN from 2002:

"No one knows exactly how common it is because no one's done a study [about extended breastfeeding]. [Tuesday], I spoke with an anthropologist who is studying women who do, or is looking at women who do extended breast-feeding. It's not a scientific study. It's just a survey that she's done.

She's found about 1,300 women who are breast-feeding their children who are beyond the age of 3. She said she has two 10-year-olds in this study, but that most of the kids are sort of in the 3- or 4- or 3- to 5-year-old range."

Two 10-year-olds! http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/parenting/07/10/breast.fed.controversy.otsc/index.html
    Anonymous

• I can't count the number of children I know who breastfeed past 3. But I can count on one hand the number of children I have actually seen breastfeed at that age in a public situation. It's one. She was 4 years old, and broke her leg at the playground. . Her mother nursed her to calm her before taking her to the er. Most older children who breastfeed do so in private, and have what's called "nursing manners". Heck, I don't breastfeed my older children around close minded people (because sadly, women like louise are everywhere), because the children don't understand the rudeness of others, and it's not fair to them. I simply teach them that we nurse at home. It's sad that other people are so ugly about toddlers nursing. I'm not supposed to say anything about formula feeding (and I don't, I don't care what you do) and yet my choices are bashed, too. It goes both ways.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Wow to Louise. I plan on BFing until at least 2 years. I was BF'd past 3, but I don't know if I'll go that long. Definitely not until 10!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010