Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

babysitter owes money......

i babysat a 2 1/2 yr old and times were tough so she applied for state ass..with childcare and foodstamps..i said i would go threw state ( will add they pay next to nothing ) anyways 2 payment forms came back saying i am not getting paid come to find out she was late on her paperwork so she is now on a waiting list the state said she is resposnsible for payments..she owes 200.00 i treid being nice and waited to see if state would accept her again.. needless to say she wont call me back ( i have called her 2 x's in 2 weeks ) and yes i said times were tough but she has a live in boyfriend ( babys dad ) and he works and so does mom and barley has bills were im a sahm with one income and bills and fed her child. what would u do? or what would u say? i dont want to be a jerk but i would like to get paid for the times i had him. her mil is watching the son in another state if your wondering. anyone have ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (6)
  • Ugh... I don't know. But I bet she has money to pay cable!

    Answer by Adelicious at 7:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

  • yes she does...she also has money to go out on the weekends ( again her son is at her mils house ) she gets her nails done, so it irrates me when she owes me money and i dont know what to do. i have bills due and i have to buy food with dh check. so that 200 would be a lil helpfuly...

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

  • If you can prove you had her child, and have it in writing take her to small claims court, it should only cost you like 50 bucks to get your money!!! Then maybe you can sue her for a little extra for the things you got behind on while waiting IDK just a thought! not sure how it would all work!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

  • I would write her a letter explaining how much she owes you, and for what dates that you babysat. IF you are willing to accept payments, tell her that. Let her know if you don't receive anything you will be forced to go to the magistrate and file against her. Copy the letter and send her the original.Make sure you put a date on it. It might get you at least a payment.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:05 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

  • I bet if you threatened to sue her or call the police you'd get paid.
    Just a thought... but then again, you'll definitely lose her business (or lack thereof) if you do that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

  • Don't be afraid of collecting money owed to you because times are tough. You worked hard for your money! I would say call the police.

    Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 10:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.