For all the green mom's

Do people think your nuts when you tell them you don't use chemicals to clean? I made my roommate clean the bathroom, because it was his turn. He asked were are the cleaners? So gave him some vinegar and baking soda. He said what the heck do I do with these. Clean, no chemicals in this house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

•   I was a professional home cleaner and the NO CHEMICAL is the best way to go.

jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 7:50 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When ppl find out I don't use chemicals in my house to clean with, they typically think that I must spend all day long cleaning & scrubbing b/c they think that there is no way the chemical-free stuff could ever clean as well as well as the "regular" stuff. I just laugh at them and say that at least I can breathe in my house while I clean....And no, it doesn't take any more effort. In fact, since I switched to using vinegar & baking soda, I actually don't need to work as hard to keep things clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I learned that once I stopped using chlorine based cleaning products that my sinus infections stopped. My nose and throat use to burn and close up about 30 minutes after cleaning the shower. Not any more. Natural based products are the way to go.
    livinghealthy

Answer by livinghealthy at 11:14 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I use vinegar and water to clean everything. Most people in my circle are green anyway, so I've never been considered strange for it. =) We've been doing this for years now, and the smell of chemical cleaners are so awful to me now.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I found a recipe for orange cleaner on the hillbilly housewife website - just boil about 7-8 orange peels in a little water until it's as strong as you like and put it in a spray bottle. we also use vinegar and water to wipe down the kitchen, and also to spot treat the floor.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2010