Potty Training... this easy??

Yesterday I sat my daughter on the potty and she wouldn't get off... (I literally had to take her off after an hour when she had a ring on her butt). Anyway, she loved it, but didn't use it. Then today, she pees... 4 times... Before bed she walked to the bathroom door, I sat her down, and she immediately peed... wow. She wouldn't let me put her on the changing table at all today (changed her standing up)... Tips/advice? What should I do next? I am going to continue what I am doing, but should I buy panties for her? BTW shes 21 months.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 8:10 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• some kids are easy other hard. my dd was easy. i had her potty train by 2
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• lucky. yeah buy undies for her
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Great! Yes, get her in undies! Ditch the diapers! Don't look back! By the way, you may get a whole bunch of accidents after the novelty wears off, but don't be discouraged... she's ready to train. Take the opportunity! My first daughter trained at 19 months and my 17 month old right now only poops on the potty and stays dry through the night. They're all different, but absolutely capable of being trained at your daughter's age if you are supportive, consistent, and don't make diapers an option (except for sleep, of course; totally different skill set). Good luck!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Wow! thats geat! I'm potty training my daughter shes 21 months too. I put the toilet in the living room and she ended up pooping on the floor!!! Its hard! I dont even know where to start.
    Mellooza

Answer by Mellooza at 10:07 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• some kids are that easy. others, like my little girl, make you think they'll be easy, then they turn on the waterworks in their pants without warning.
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• it's entirely possible that she could be ready for potty training. my girl was about the same age when she potty trained. we let her pick out panties (she chose princess ones) and she loved going to the potty so she wouldn't get the princesses wet or yucky. pooping took a little more work, cause babies are used to standing or running around and just pooping wherever they are, it's a little harder to sit in one spot and do your business. as long as she is willing there is not reason not to encourage her.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2010