Do vetrenarians perform abortions?

I just wanted to know, because someone I know said they called the vet to get their animal spayed and she told them she might be pregnant, she wasn't sure, and the vet told her "Oh, we'll take care of that." But the person who said it can make up things, so I was just wondering if they really do that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, they can and do.
    hannah_belle

Answer by hannah_belle at 8:24 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes its common, they do!
    Anonymous

• yep. when i went to get my dog fixed, i was told she might be pregnant, but they pretty much said the same thing, they'd "take care of it." so i said, no way and waited... it turns out she was, but miscarried anyways. i waited 'til i knew for sure she wasn't carrying a litter to get her fixed. i couldn't believe it myself! i didn't know vets did doggie abortions!
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yes, they will do a spay on a pregnant animal. The vet will remove the uterus, thus ending the lives of the unborn babies,
    purpleswiper253

Answer by purpleswiper253 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Yes, and it bothers me because the dog has no choice in the matter. Either make sure your dog doesn't get pregnant, or let her have the puppies.
    Anonymous

• I don't mean "you" as in "you" op, I mean you in general.
    Anonymous

• Ouch..
    Anonymous

• I don't have a dog anyway. lol sooo...yeah.
    -OP
    Anonymous

• oh my gosh! dogs don't get a choice?! seriously?

vets do perform abortions on animals. My dog was pregnant and was hit by a car. because her pelvis was fractured and her right hind leg was broken, we opted for her to be aborted so that she could heal. I guess my dog didn't have a choice!
    Anonymous

• Vets do it routinely. If ALL owners were responsible it would never be an issue but many aren't. Where we live if the animal is pregnant or in heat at the time of surgery it costs more and the risk to the dog increases. Thousands of unwanted dogs and cats are killed every year in pounds and 'shelters'. Which is more humane?
    Anonymous