how do I get my daughter to stop crying?

My 3yr old daughter cries all the time. We have been working on using her words, but she still reverts to the crying (fake crying).

karndt

Asked by karndt at 8:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Personally, when babysitting (my daughter is not this old yet) it worked for me to not give in UNTIL they used words or signals to tell me what was wrong. if nothing was wrong. i moved them from my sight (ie: fake crying) and their crying usually was out of attention or to see how MUCH they could get from me. by removing them for a few minutes, i then called them back and asked again ' is anything wrong?' if they began to cry again (again.. fake crying only) i would tell them that they could be sad, it was ok, but they would have to do it in their room. (comfort zone area) IF they merely wanted attention. they would stop and we would continue our game or activity. Best of luck!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 11:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Just tell her that you can't understand her when she cries, you need to hear words to know what she needs. good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:17 AM on Feb. 19, 2010