How would you handle this? My cousin or his new wife deleted my sister and I from my cousins facebook because of some lies his wife told him.

My cousin married a women from London recently, he was then diagnosed with stomach cancer. He had surgery and they say they got it all. I went to the hospital during his surgery and waited with his mom (my aunt), his wife (first time I met her) and my sister. The surgery lasted about 6 hours and during that time my sister and acted silly and had his wife and my aunt laughing. That was a couple monthes ago, I recently noticed that my sister and I were deleted from his facebook and I requested him again, he accepted and said that he deleted us because he did not like the way we treated his wife, she told him that we made fun of her size, which we never did, she was also upset because the doctor didn't talk to her first, instead he talked to all of us at the same time. She also told her husband that she wanted to be the first to go in his room after the surgery, I remember my sister and I telling her to go, but,,,,,, con

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 8:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• she insisted that we go first, so we went. Why would she make up lies like this? My sister and I were very kind to her in the hospital. I'm also upset with my cousin for believing her, he knows us better than that.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• i would let it go, he doesn't need anymore stress in his life. he obvioulsy doesn't think it's that important either or he wouldn't have accepted you again. let it go, she is in pain too.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Maybe she didn't find your sense of humor funny?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• angevil53,,,,,,,,,I agree I did write him back and tell him that she must have misunderstood things , instead of calling her a liar.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:50 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Finally someone who won't put up with your nonsense!
    Anonymous

• i'd call him or talk to him face to face. ok i'd actually do the face to face thing myself cuz i hate talking on the phone. I wouldn't let it go, she lied about ya'll and he needs to know that. i'm assuming yall are close cuz you went to the hospital and was there for him, if so then it's important that you tell him the truth, or other issues may arrise in the future. GL
    Anonymous

• Sleepingbeauty,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's not the point, she lied and said that we made fun of her size and we wouldn't let her be the first one to see her husband, which of course was a lie too. I'm just wondering why someone would like about that, especially to her husband who doesn't need any stress
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I can't talk to him in person because he is in London and I'm in New York
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would let it go. Since he accepted you again just be supportive of him. Be careful how you handle the new wife but it might not matter if she wants tocause issues she will. Be his friend because he needs one. It probably hurts that she told lies and I can't imagine why she did, but right now is not the time to broach it. You sound like you handled it well by suggesting there was a misunderstanding.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• If this is going to work, someone has to be the bigger person. Let by gones be by gones. Forget about all of it. Invite them over for dinner and just let them know it was a misunderstanding. If she was offended with your humor then you did not mean it the way she took it. That way he too will be there to witness what is said and there will be no he said she said. If this realationship is important to you, then you need to make ammends and just don't worry about who said what.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010