How is Joseph Stack different from the 9/11 Hi-Jackers?

Why is he different?

Is he different?

Should we start profiling people like him"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, he is a terrorist and should be labeled as one. So should the crack pot lady who just shot 3 of her coworkers. If we have intel saying a man Caucasian with the last name Stack is going to blow up a bunch of people DAMN RIGHT they BETTER profile every white man with the same last name they run into!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

or the same white poeple with the same radical political gripes

Anonymous

• He is NO different from the terrorists of 9-11. I don't often say this, but he is better off dead. He hadn't learned to take responsibility for his own poor choices, so he was never happy.

And if there is a way to profile people like him, have at it, it will not bother me one bit.

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I don't see him as a terrorist. Let me explain. I believe the primary motive of a terrorist is to instill fear, the bodies are a bonus. I think this guy killed because he was pissed and looking for revenge. I don't think his motive was to scare the population. JMO

I just think there is a fine line between terrorism and crime..whether the crime is murder or something else.

Now if there was a group of white guys with a manifesto and a mission of violence I would say profile away!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I would like to add that I think the crime he committed was just as heinous as those committed on 9/11.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:17 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have thought that all day.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 12:33 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• There were no 9/11 highjackers. It was an inside job. And......he is not different from the organizers of that. But I still respect him for standing up and fighting. He made himself an American Martyr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• "But I still respect him for standing up and fighting. He made himself an American Martyr. "

This is the sickest statement I think I've ever read on CM. Crashing a plane into a building is NOT "standing up and fighting". It's showing no regard for the lives of others.

I think he is similar in the following ways - like a terrorist, he is striking against a government or a gov't organization using violence, he is trying to kill across the board with no regard for innocent victims, he wrote a "manafesto" to make the reasons for his actions known

However, he is different in many ways as well - he wasn't trained or "chosen" by a larger organization to carry out the plot, he was not organized (planning for years, scoping out the area, etc), and he doesn't appear part of a religious or political institution or mindset that wants to wipe out any other particular group.

I liken him more to a disgruntled employee...
    Imogen13

Answer by Imogen13 at 3:07 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• He would be considered a domestic terrorist. Now don't confuse profiling here. There have been over 25 terrorist attacks that were conducted by "a certain profile" vs. Tim McVeigh and this idiot.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 7:34 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

This! About 9-11
    Can you say CONtROLLED DEMOLITION?? Time to face facts.

I don't know who Stack is, will investigate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 19, 2010