My baby hangs to the left

I'm only 16 weeks, and my baby already moves from side to side, but generally hangs to the left. I can feel that my uterus is mostly on the left side. Is it normal for the baby to prefer one side of the body?

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yep and there isn't much to do about it. With my third pregnancy I looked weirdly lopsided. My baby was all smooshed to one side
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I will be 17 weeks tomorrow and mine hangs to the left most of the time also!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:25 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• yup my baby loves being on my left side and im 18 weeks 3 days now
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• LOL! I remember my baby bouncing from one side to the other. I'd feel a bounce on the right and then SPROING- he'd hit the left, then again to the right. Gymnastics before he was born. This is the baby that rolled off of the sofa when he was a week old. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• lol yeah. my son LOVED my right side. I could always feel his back on my right side and my belly looked lopsided for the longest time. He also enjoyed moving him butt up into my ribs when I was driving or riding in a car
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 1:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2010