Some people are so petty on here!

When they call you out on a misspelling. C'mon now people. Half the time we're rushing to type a question or an answer. I mean really this isn't a spelling bee! Get over yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• It's true, it can be petty.
    BUT, I find it relevant when the grammar-offender has accused someone else of being stupid....JMO.
    Anonymous

• I have noticed grammatical errors, but in general I try to keep my pet peeves to myself since they are not usually well received and seem to do very little good. No one is going to go and take a grammar course just because someone on the internet ridiculed them for mixing up their homonyms.

Though I do pass on questions that are so poorly written that I can't even figure out what the OP was trying to say. If the person seems really in need of some advice or understanding I might ask for clarification on the point, but I won't try to make her feel like a jerk. Usually I'll say something like "I'm sorry OP I'm having a hard time figuring out what you are asking. Can you clarify it for us?"
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:43 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean! Some ladies on here are so mean and just snoody that half of the time i dont even like answering questions cuz i have to read all the bs complaints. Adn half the time im on here i have a nursing 11 month old on my lap who like to play with her feet or a 3 year old pulling at me or wanting to sit with me. yeah a little hard to type.
    Anonymous

• Lol! Oh my... when I read your question I thought it said "some people are so pretty on here!" ..yeah, I'm having a moment :)
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:09 PM on Feb. 18, 2010