What is your point of view on this subject?

I am a meat eater and I love my steak , pork and chicken. Yet i feel bad about the fact it was once a living, breathing animal. I was carving ham one time ( I don't do that often) and came across the bone and the realization that this animal had to be killed to become my dinner was overwhelming. Yet at a hypocritical point of view, I don't think I could become a vegetarian. What are your thoughts?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I feel the same way a lot. But it will never stop the world from doing it. Human nature I guess?
    Anonymous

• Those animals were put on this planet for us to eat. Humans are not designed to live on vegetation alone, and those animals serve no other purpose. Dig in!
    Anonymous

• It doesn't bother me at all.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I feel the same way, too.

I don't believe they were "put on this planet" for us to eat (our planet has an amazing cycle, anon :37, look into it), but we found them to be a great source of sustenance, so we eat them. I don't think there's a need to feel bad about it unless you are gorging/overeating.
    Anonymous

• I kinda feel this way too. I say I will becom vegitarian once im 30 because it is proven to reverse heart disease. Mainly want to do it for health reasons, but I think I should enjoy my 20's while I can LOL.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I'm a vegan and I'm living healthier than anyone I know. Anon 37, those animals aren't for us to eat.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Doesn't bother me at all. I've helped slaughter pigs, cows, and chickens and then enjoyed many meals of those animals. I bottle fed a calf that we raised strictly for the purpose of slaughtering for meat (we named him T-Bone, and he was tasty!)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Meat is bad for people and bad for the planet. I don't care about animals at all.

FEED PEOPLE NOT PETS!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I took an animal ethics class in college and let me tell you...the things I saw and read about that class literally scarred me for life. We watched a movie on factory farms and those images were forever burned into my brain. I actually said I was never eating meat again after that...which lasted about a week. I hate veggies so being a vegetarian didn't really work out for me. However I won't ever eat pork again. And I haven't...although I didn't really care for it before anyways...but pigs are the worst treated animals of all of them. I won't even say what they do to pigs...its horrible.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I appreciate that the animals are my food source but I don't feel bad that they die for me to eat.
    Anonymous