Rubbing and squirming all over everything?

My SD:
3 1/2
Sweet
Unbelievably smart
Funny
Independent
RUBS AND SQUIRMS ALL OVER EVERYTHING!
I know that kids wiggle. Especially active kids and she is VERY active. But this is extreme. When sitting in a chair, she constantly stands up beside it, then sits back down, then turns around, and rubs her hands and mouth on the chair back. The couch is a similar situation, but more animated. She's upside down and butt-up in the air, and licking the couch cushions, wiggling her legs. Yikes! And it's like she's in a daze while she does it. Totally zoned out.
It's not like she's trying to make us mad or anything. (we know when she's doing that! lol.) It seems subconscious. Any ideas? I hate that so many people automatically wave the A.D.D. flag. But could that be the case? Coupled with the few obsessive traits that have been standing out more and more lately, I've begun to wonder. I just want her to be happy and comfortable. :)

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 9:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you could take her to a child study center or a specialist and get an expert opinion. None of us is qualified to make a diagnosis.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:47 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• oooooh, i know. i've been looking into it for the last few days. just looking for support and advice.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 9:49 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Huh. Does she have repetative behaviours or throw tantrums? She may have a mild form of Autism.
    becca2715

Answer by becca2715 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My Autie (Autism) son does that all the time.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:21 PM on Feb. 20, 2010