CHristians question..

Okay.. I've got a few more weeks of classes left before graduation. One topic that seems to get brought up a lot lately in review (don't ask me why, it's not even close to relevant to our discussion), is the world ending in 2012. Every woman that brought this up in class, happens to be Christian.. and are worrying about Revelations coming true in 2012. (note: not every Christian in my class believes this, just the few that have make comments are). Anyways.. my question is why would a Christian even believe the world would end in 2012? One major reason I question this.. is because it's just the end of the Mayan Calendar.. thus a Pagan observation. Not a Prediction in the bible. So why do some Christians keep bringing up 2012?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 9:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• personally, i think a lot of people are unnecessarily preoccupied with the whole 'end times' drama. worrying about when this will happen, to who, when and where...attempting to figure it all out..truth is, we don't know what the future holds for us (all of us, not just xtians)..and the unknown can be scary. but what amount of worrying is going to make it all better? NONE! biblical scripture tells us (those of us who claim Christ) to watch and be ready, not predict and scare the pants off each other. worrying about tomorrow will not lengthen life or make it more rewarding. enjoy your life and the abundance of blessings you receive!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I think a lot of them look foward to doomsday because they want to be with God.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in that
    The Bible says only God knows when Jesus will return (aka the end of the world as we know it IMO I believe Jesus returns first then all hell will break loose, the rapture first then the 3 1/2 good years & then 3 1/2 bad years but thats another issue). The Bible is pretty clear that only God knows when Christ will return. I got to find the verse though LOL
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• It specifically says in the Bible that we will not know the day or the hour of His return. I don't know how much more clearly that can be stated, so the whole idea that the world will end just because the Mayan calendar does in 2012 seems almost anti-Christian to me. I told my hubby that we will watch the movie that just came out about that on Dec. 22nd 2012 :-)

Anonymous

• Yeah, I'm a Christian and i have heard nothing about this! God doesn't even want us to know when Christ comes back! He made us itelligent, but not so that we know his secrets.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. . . . Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into. Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. —Matthew 24:36-44

(i had to edit out some it was too long so i left the parts that pertain to why i believe what i do
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• There was one pastor on tbn network channel that saw a link between the signs from the stars and Biblical prophesy on tv like a blood moon means bad things for Israel ect., maybe you can research this more googling it, it is kind of interesting. I agree with no one knowing the day just be ready!!! The sign are all around us though that it is close.
    mommymadness30

Answer by mommymadness30 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• actually the moon will turn blood red but i believe that will be later on after the rapture. the moon will be like blood & the son will turn like sackcloth.. that is one of the seals God will open.. i forget which one. i remember doing that first in Spanish in college LOL
    6:12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 6:13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
    Rev 6:12
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 10:12 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Ditto to cotsfan.

I follow the "no one knows" concept.
    Anonymous

• I"m kinda going to stalk this cause this question interest me a lot & I cant wait to see more answers lol :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010