Hi, i'm 5'5 and I weigh 105lbs. Do you think I can have a healthy normal weight baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• definitely, I'm 5'2" and barely 95 lbs. No, I do not have an eating disorder (as many ppl questioned as I was growing up) and I have 2 healthy baby girls and another on the way! ppl even thought I wouldn't be able to deliver vaginally b/c I'm so petite but my pelvis is actually perfect according to my doc.
    Anonymous

• YES!!
    Anonymous

• Why wouldn't you? Thats why women naturally gain weight during pregnancy...
    Anonymous

• I was 5'4 and 95 pounds. When i got pregnant, I gained 8 pounds the first month. The doctor said my body was gaining weight quickly because I was underweight. Don't be shocked if you start to gain weight quickly the first few months.

I ended up gaining a whopping 55 pounds! Don't ask me how I did it.... I have no idea! I swear I didn't eat a ton.

Anyway, the answer to your question is yes :)
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Absolutely! I'm 5'3 and with my 1st I started out at 103lbs. I got up to 141 lbs and the baby weighed 6lbs 14 oz at birth! With my 2nd I started out at 106 and got up to 140 and the baby was 7lbs even at birth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes. I am 5ft. 6 and when my 4th son was born (@37 1/2 weeks) I weighed 112#'s. He weighed 7#3oz. and was 19 1/2 in. long. I gained about 10#'s with him. He was the only one I stayed that small with. With my other 3 sons I started out weighing around 100-110 and ended each pregnancy in the 160-170 range. I lost the weight fairly quickly, my 4 sons were born in a 5 year time span and I was down to pre-pregnancy weight before getting pregnant again every time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My niece is 5 ft 1 & had two healthy girls. Not totally sure of her weight but to me she appears to be a pretty proportioned person, so not over weight at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yep. Pygmy women have babies that are 7lbs! My grandmother had a nearly 9 pound baby, and she always weighed under 100 lbs at 5'2" tall.

Your body will not grow a baby you can't birth, mama. Have faith. :)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:54 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• if you have a lower body weight due to an eating disorder or malnutrition, this can effect the health of your baby. if you are well nourished and healthy, then there is no reason to believe that your weight will impact the weight and health of the baby. your bmi is low...so you need to understand why.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2010