Clothing from and ex...

My so has a few favorite shirts and slipped tonight that they were gifts from an ex... is that weird for him to keep them or no big deal?

Tams_jade

Asked by Tams_jade at 10:15 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• Why not? It's just clothing. They may be his favorites because he likes them, not because of who gave them to him.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:18 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Are they his favorite because she gave them to him? Or would they still be his favorite had he bought them himself?
    Anonymous

• No I don't think so... not if he likes them because of how they look. Now if it were sexy underwear or something..it might be a problem :)
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• no big deal.

hell, I have prints around my house that were a gift from an ex. I like them, they don't remind me of the ex.
    Anonymous

• there like 10 years old, i just don't c why he'd keep shirts that long unless they had some sentimental value.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 10:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• no big deal. my husband hates my t shirts that my ex bought me. but like previous poster, we have prints hanging in our house that he bought while traveling with his ex. i dont care. its not a problem.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't start a fight with your SO over something little like this.
    JessicaB86

Answer by JessicaB86 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I have shirts that I've been wearing since 1993. I love them, they are broken in and comfortable. I hate shopping, so I keep/wear clothes for as long as I can.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:33 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• no I didn't and I'm not going to say anything about it but it does bother me a bit, I think its more that hes still talking to her and as he says he forgot to mention it.
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 10:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My husband has shirts...especially t-shirts that are 20 years old. He just likes his old comfy shirts, so some people just keep things a long time even if their not sentimental. On the other hand, if it makes you uncomfortable, that should be important enough to him that he should be willing to let them go.

Before you ask him to give them up, make sure you're willing to do the same for him, and ask yourself why it bothers you. Does he still have contact with the ex? Do you know her? Those are reasons that may be worth asking him if he could do that for you. I know my husband would get rid of things that made me uncomfortable, but because of that, I've never even asked.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2010