Breastfeeding loss and I'm sad

Let's be honest. How sad were you when you stopped breastfeeding? I was so sad and still am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• not sad at all.
    Anonymous

• I'm wondering about that. My son is 6 months and I plan to bf for at least two years. I'm wondering if I'm going to be sad after the fact. We'll see...but I've heard that it is a normal feeling and should pass.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:32 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Didn't bother me with the first 3, but with my last baby it was a little upsetting - moreso after I did late research and found out a few things no one had ever told me. It didn't last that long though, although I still, every now & then, wish I could have longer with my baby.
    Anonymous

• I attempted to breastfeed, until it was discovered I didn't have enough milk ducts to properly nourish my daughter (had a breast reduction 5 years prior to getting pregnant). Even still, I put my daughter to the breast whenever she wanted it. But, she all of a sudden didn't want to breastfeed anymore, and it was devastating. I felt rejected, I felt sad, depressed...you name it. I was severly depressed for SIX MONTHS. I didn't start feeling better about myself until my daughter was into her 7th month.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• I was really emotional about it! And seeing her want to breastfeed when she couldn't made me want to cry sometimes. It's like a huge bond between mother and child that can never be taken back again.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Why did you stop?

When my daughter self-weaned at 23 months I was sad.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i was sad that my 1st self weaned at 14 mos, b/c i was pregnant. i stopped bf my twins at 15 mos, and i felt free, then felt bad that i didn't keep it up until they had their 2 yr molars. i think bf through that pain is very helpful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I had to stop after 2 months and it literally tore me apart..I cried for weeks and felt like a failure
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2010