My hair is falling out!!!!

Ok, I knew my hair was going to start to fall out after I had my son, but hes 4 1/2 months, and now its starting to fall out. Normal? Should I be concerned? I have been getting really bad headaches everyday for the past 2 weeks. I have been under some stress, but should I call my doctor about my hair and my headaches? Lots of hair falling out, and really bad headaches. What might help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Health

• yep it's normal.

I forget exactly what does it, but there's a hormone that tells your hair folicles to not let your hair fall out while pregnant which is why pregnant women have awesome hair, but then that hormone goes away and it all falls out basically at once instead of the normal person's few hairs a day.
    Anonymous

• Yes it's normal. My hair fell out at around 5 months and it took a year or more to grow back. Mine was right in the front so I cut bangs. But now I'm letting the bangs grow out. Take some hair vitamins. GNC has them. They work.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• Get your thyroid checked, my hair fell out when i was 4 months prego and i was diagnosed with hyperthyroid. Good luck hopefully thats not the case.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• sorry i meant 4 months post prego
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• address the stress the best that you can. try yoga, or even deep breathing throughout the day can help...
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2010