Would this hurt your feelings a little?

I am 24 weeks pregnant. My husband and I were talking the other night and he said, he knew this pregnancy must be meant to be, because he and his ex-wife tried to get pregnant, but it never happened, but with me and him, we were pregnant within 3 months. We didn't actually try, it just happened. He actually thought he couldn't have kids, due to an accident a few years ago. Anyway, I got to thinking about what he said, and with me, (before we got pregnant) he said he wanted to wait at least 5 years before even trying, but with his ex-wife (who he was with for about a year) he tried to have children with almost immediately. This upset me a little and he didn't seem to understand why. I'm not like freaking out about it. Just A LITTLE hurt. So I don't need to be put down or called insecure. Anyway, would you be kinda hurt by this or am I just being crazy???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I wouldn't take it personally at all, it is probably just his own sense of growth he is dealing with...ending a marriage can make you feel insecure, unsure of things...it changes you..he probably felt somewhat fearful about his new marriage working out with you since his first one failed and at one time he thought that would work out..uno? It probably isn't about you at all, just his own fears coming into play.
    Anonymous

• Did you ask him why he wanted to wait compared to trying right away?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:40 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• No it wouldn't have upset me

Answer by admckenzie at 12:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It wouldnt have bothered me either...Maybe your pregnancy (congrats, btw) hormones are getting to you.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• He might of just wanted to spend time with you. Having kids takes up alot of alone time. When I got with my fiance I already had one kid, so we've never had that alone time in our relationship
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• He's not thinking before speaking no doubt.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 19, 2010