How to know whay lice eggs look like blonde hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The same as in any other regular hair. They look like grains of sand and they are stuck to the hair shaft. They like the nape of the neck and bhind the ears the most because it's warm. Nits will not shake loose like dandruff and they feel like a peice of salt or sand.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:20 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• You need to go out side to find them. Or have a BIG A$$ lamp.

I had two girls with lice and couldnt delice them with out a STRONG lamp right on them or I had to be out side. Those buggers are harder to find in blond hair.

Best bet is to have a GOOD light source and to have someone show you how to do it.
    Anonymous

• I never found any on my daughter behind the ears or back of the neck...she had about 6 live louse and maybe 15 nits..they are hard to see if you arent used to looking for them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2010