How many weeks should I stop lifting heavy things and stop sleeping on my back?

How many weeks or how do you know when its not okay to pick up heavy things anymore when your pregnant? Also, what about when its not okay to lay flat on your back or too much on your tummy?

Thanks in advanced.

BrittanyD07

Asked by BrittanyD07 at 10:45 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• im 5'3 inches and about 99lbs. with my first i went up to 136lbs and with my second i only went up to about 122. so i was relatively small with both children. and with my first i swear i slept half on my belly half on my side the entire time. and with my second i slept on my back throughout the entire pregnancy. they say to sleep on the left side... and it isnt good to sleep on your back bc of blood circulating to the baby. but in my opionion if you are comfortable, then baby is comfortable. i also alsways lifted heavy things. gl!
    Anonymous

• sleeping on your back/tummy - your body will let you know on that one!

lifting - there is no limit unless your doctor tells you not to lift.
    Anonymous

• I am 36 weeks pregnant and am sleeping half on my stomach and half on my side, its the only way I can get comfortable. I work as a vet tech and have a demanding job so I am still lifting but I have cut back to about 60lbs. I dont have a problem with it but I would ask your Dr. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:34 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• My doc told me not to lift anything over 25 lbs right around 12 weeks, and once I hit 6 months she told me that the baby was big enough to cut off circulation if I slept on my back anymore. She also told me that I should never EVER sleep on my stomach while pregnant, so I guess advice differs depending on the doctor.
    mrs.anderson24

Answer by mrs.anderson24 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Im 5'4 and when i got pregnant with my son 2 years ago i was 98lbs... i slept on my stomach until about 4 mths until it became uncomfortable then id switch to my back or side...but my 7 mths i could only sleep on my left side. by the 9th month i was 200lbs and could only get out of bed with the aid of my DH. the day i deliverd my son i was 217lbs..the extra weight was so hard on my back and the dr told me do not sleep on your back cause it will cut the blood supply off....now im 125 and TTC hopefully it all works out...but your body will let you know or your doctor..as for lifting things i dont know my work nor my DH let me lift or even reach for anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I did not lift anything over 25lbs the whole time. I slept on my side alot.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I didnt go by any rules and regulations when it came to lifting things just by my comfort level. Also i tried alot to sleep on my side and would end up on my back alot, until it became uncomfortable to be on my back so i naturally slept on my side eventually.
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2010