Lice question...

I did my son's hair two days ago and today I found a knit or little black pre-bug. Is this normal or do I need to do his head again? I have been checking it everyday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• lice suck and they are so hard to get rid off so we did everyones head once and again 7-10 days later, cleaned all bedding, furniture and carpet and finally were rid of the nasty little buggers.. good luck!
    Tams_jade

Answer by Tams_jade at 10:54 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• holy heck... you have to check it EVERY day until you do not find any for 2-3 days in a row.

One shampoo will not do!

I put covers over EVERY piece of furniture. I washed sheets EVERY day. I nit picked once in the morning and once at night. It took less than a week and it was a week from HELL.

I have no idea in the world how a working mom gets rid of lice. I never left the house for that week. I worked non-stop. But then again I had two girls... long hair... it took a full hour for each girl in the begining.

PM me with questions...if ya need.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2010

• The docs and the bottle say not to use again for 7-10 days and one company even says 14. Be careful, that stuff contains chemicals.
    Anonymous

• I myself got lice about 6 years ago from a girl I babysat. I found somewhere online that if you wash the hair/head really well with coconut shampoo and let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse well, then douse hair with vinegar and leave that on there that it gets rid of lice. I tried this and within a week all the lice were gone. I didn't use anything else but this and it worked really well for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• don't listen to bad advice on CM about headlice

www.headlice.org

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yea do over.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Licex is the BEST. And natural. One shampoo will not do... you must nit pick every day.
    Anonymous

• I myself got lice a few years ago from a patient at the hospital I work at. I used RID-X and it didn't really work so I got online and it said to try mouthwash (yes mouthwash) on the head for two hours (you can wear a shower cap) then wash out with regular shampoo then douse the hair in white vinegar and let it soak for 2 more hours (wear a clean shower cap) wash out with shampoo then comb all of the hair. When you don't see any little "critters" for 2-3 days you should be good. Just periodically check for the next maybe two weeks. Oh and make sure you spray lysol over EVERYTHING and treat car seats and wash bed sheets daily. Put stuffed animals and pillows in a bag for about 3 days (that's all the longer you really need to keep them in there. Lice cant live longer than 3 days without a living host) Pm me if you have any questions. I'm happy to help.
    sophiasmommy212

Answer by sophiasmommy212 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• you must check his hair everyday until you don't see the eggs or pre-bug anymore. and wash his clothes seperatly from everyone elses in case there's lice in the collars ,wash his coat in case lice is in the hood, change his sheets , vaccum the rug and the sofa. They hide in those places. as well. good luck;)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:40 AM on Feb. 21, 2010

• And you might want to check yourself to make sure you don't have it as well. that way you two don't keep passing it to each other. or anyone who is in close contact with him. its hard to get rid of if everyone just keeps passing it to one another. I know this because my daughter's best friend at the time had lice alot in her life. and the school nurse told the mother and in a conversation the mom told me this.. But I was lucky with my daughter because when she played with her I had my daughter wear her hair in a ponytail, and told her not to stand too close to her. and not to use her brush or hats. or anything like that.. good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:50 AM on Feb. 21, 2010